2019 update – I’m doing a giveaway for this best folding push pull wagon! Check out the giveaway HERE! Ends 12/2!
This is a short and sweet little blog post, basically because I’m in love with my new wagon and I figure I should write a blog post about it. Afterall, when I was searching high and low for the “PERFECT wagon” I would’ve appreciated finding this post reviewing the best folding kids wagon push stroller too. 🙂
Disclaimer: this post is NOT sponsored. I was NOT provided free product. I paid for this wagon from my own pocketbook! And this is not the first wagon I’ve bought – again, with my own money – and tried out. This review is my completely honest opinion.
UPDATE: The makers of this wagon contacted me after seeing this awesome review 🙂 and I’ve since discovered that not only is it cheaper to buy directly through them, AND free shipping, that they also gave me a PROMO CODE for an additional 5% off!! See below for more info.
A short-ish history of my journey to find the BEST folding kids wagon push stroller:
- 2011: I had my first baby. We had a fancy jogging stroller thing. (something like this) Easy peasy.
- 2012: We upgraded/downgraded to a simple umbrella stroller. (this one: Chicco Capri)
- 2014: I had a second kid. We bought, secondhand, a sit-n-stand stroller (this one: Joovy Caboose Ultralight), which was great! But not-so-heavy duty and we couldn’t take it off-terrain.
- 2015: Kid #2 became a toddler and we got our first wagon! Found it for $22 at a consignment sale. A classic hard plastic Radio Flyer with foldable bucket seats (this one, but without the canopy). This thing was heavy duty and held up to a beating, that’s for sure. But it was too big to take many places and bulky to lug around.
- 2016: I realized that what I really wanted was a FOLDING wagon so that I could more easily throw it in the back of the car and take it places with me. After an exhaustive search, found this awesome looking Sandusky wagon on Amazon and bought it. It was decently priced as compared to other folding wagons, and seemed heavy-duty. I took it to the zoo a couple times. And even though I’d wanted to love it…I just didn’t. It was too heavy. Too big. Hard to fold up and unfold. It didn’t come with a canopy, nor were there any I could buy for it. The front wheels were in the center of the wagon, which made the thing topple over if you tried to make too sharp of a turn. I ended up not using it as much as I thought I would have.
- 2017: I decided that, no, scratch what I said before, what I really wanted in my life was a folding wagon that I could PUSH, not pull. Pushing a stroller is way easier than dragging a wagon loaded down with kids. So I sold the heavy folding wagon at a consignment sale once I discovered that there were a few folding “push wagons”-slash-strollers out on the market! What an amazing idea! There was this GoGo BabyZ one that was super expensive. Or there was this WagonBuddy one, but it seemed almost too cheap. We got the cheap one for Christmas. I was determined that it was going to be just as good as the expensive one and I was super excited to have it all set up and loaded with present on Christmas morning. The first time we tried it out though, the wheel was bending weird and looked like it was gonna break off any moment. It really was cheap. 🙁 We returned it. 🙁
- 2018: Still wagonless, I’d just about given up my dream of ever finding the perfect wagon for my family. Then one day, someone on Instagram posted a picture of this beautiful hybrid contraption that resembled both a stroller and a wagon. Seriously, it was ah-maz-ing. But it was $600, just for the base model, not even counting the attachment! (Still though, if you have the money for it, check it out these Veer wagons! I follow them on Instagram still just so I can drool over them. Hah.) I knew we couldn’t buy that wagon, but my search for the perfect was thankfully re-ignited because I searched again on Amazon and found this: (HEADS UP though, I found a better deal for the wagon through Custom Folding Wagons here)
Creative Outdoor – THE BEST FOLDING KIDS WAGON FOR KIDS THAT YOU CAN PUSH!!!
It’s EASY to fold and unfold.
It’s relatively lightweight (I stress “relatively” because I didn’t want it too cheap feeling either).
It comes with a canopy.
It comes with a storage compartment.
It comes with child seatbelts.
It can fit three small kids.
It has pockets to put things in.
It has foot brakes in both the back and front.
It can be used as a PUSH wagon/stroller.
It can be used as a traditional PULL wagon.
Guys, I am NOT an impulse buyer. I research and research and hem and haw before buying anything. I’m certainly not an impulse buyer for something that costs $250 (including shipping).
When I found it, and read the Amazon reviews, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. Finally. It was more expensive than I’d like to pay, sure, but obviously going the cheap route did’t work for me either.
So I bought it.
And I’m in love with it. Everywhere I take it, people stop and ask me about it.
We’ve had it for what, 5 weeks so far? I’ve already taken it:
– in circles around our large backyard,
– around the block, both on sidewalks and dirt paths,
– to the zoo,
– to the beach,
– and to the county fair.
And it’s held up everywhere. I mean, sure, it was a bit of a pull through dry sand (isn’t everything?), but it was doable. And it was perfect on the wet sand.
Look, I even got my toddler to nap in it during an afternoon at the beach!
We’ve used it as a shady lunch spot when we couldn’t find a table at the fair.
Supposedly (though don’t quote me on this as it’s the one place I haven’t tested it) you can even use it at theme parks that don’t typically allow wagons, aka Disney, because the PUSH mechanism allows it to be classified as a stroller instead of a wagon.
Seriously guys – it’s crossed off every checkbox I’ve ever wanted in a wagon.
Though I’m not going to lie. I still think the Veer wagons are pretty spectacular, so I mean, if you can afford one, then by all means, I understand if you get a Veer wagon. But if you can’t – this wagon from Creative Outdoor, and sold through Custom Folding Wagons, is a pretty amazing choice. And for most people, it’s the clear winner when it comes to the Best Folding Wagon For Kids you can buy.
I’m sooooo glad I finally have the wagon I’ve always wanted!!!
10/18/18 UPDATE!!! Guys, the coolest thing happened. The creators of this wagon somehow found my blog post and were so happy to see my review, that they decided to give me a PROMO CODE to share with my readers! Also, I’ve since discovered that if you buy this directly through their website that not only is it cheaper than Amazon, but that they offer FREE SHIPPING. So I’ve changed my mind – don’t buy this through Amazon, buy it direct from their site. here’s the info:
Custom Folding Wagons
Push-Pull Wagon (comes in teal, navy, pink & purple)
$198.99 $219.99 (as of 7/17/19)
Free Shipping 🙂
PROMO CODE (for 5% off): RONNIPECK
And….if you buy direct from their site, they also offer some great wagon accessories. In fact, the company even sent me some of their accessories to try out and review — so I’ll try to get some pictures of those up very soon too. But how cool is that, right?? Thanks Custom Folding Wagons!
Though it’s a bit more pricey on Amazon (buying direct through their website is cheaper) – if you’d like to check out the really great Amazon reviews before buying, you can do so here: AMAZON LINK FOR MORE INFO 🙂
2019 update: I have an updated post w/their new model! PLEASE SEE HERE!